Æon Studios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Most efficient way of converting / rendering footage?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ExilesAMVs

ExilesAMVs

Most efficient way of converting / rendering footage? Empty
PostSubject: Most efficient way of converting / rendering footage?   Most efficient way of converting / rendering footage? Watch11Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:32 pm

Hey everyone,

I saw the post recently from AlexxAMV on "muxing" which got me wondering, what is the best way to convert footage?

I currently use handbrake to convert all the stuff I use but I notice there is quite a difference in quality when I compare the original mkv to the outputted mp4. I'm aware it's probably my settings but, what do you believe is the best way to convert your footage to maintain the highest quality? If possible could you point out a tutorial that explains it, I'd appreciate it greatly.

While I'm at it, if you've any recommendations as to which way I should render the footage / what encoder to use to ensure you keep the best quality possible for uploading again I'd appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
slimed
Æ Member
Æ Member
slimed

PostSubject: Re: Most efficient way of converting / rendering footage?   Most efficient way of converting / rendering footage? Watch11Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:40 am

to retain as much quality as possible, what i would recommend is importing .mkvs into vdub using avisynth, and exporting out of vdub as a .avi in lossless codec (lagarith is a good option). a warning with lossless is that the file sizes can be pretty hefty and you'll want to have a lot of disk space available. l33tmeatwad has a few nice guides here.

as for rendering an amv out of your program, i'd recommend a lossless .avi (i use utvideo), and afterwards encoding that with either amvsimple or zarx.
Back to top Go down
ExilesAMVs

ExilesAMVs

PostSubject: Re: Most efficient way of converting / rendering footage?   Most efficient way of converting / rendering footage? Watch11Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:03 am

slimed wrote:
to retain as much quality as possible, what i would recommend is importing .mkvs into vdub using avisynth, and exporting out of vdub as a .avi in lossless codec (lagarith is a good option). a warning with lossless is that the file sizes can be pretty hefty and you'll want to have a lot of disk space available. l33tmeatwad has a few nice guides here.

as for rendering an amv out of your program, i'd recommend a lossless .avi (i use utvideo), and afterwards encoding that with either amvsimple or zarx.

I'll take a look into the programs, thanks for the informative answer :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Most efficient way of converting / rendering footage?   Most efficient way of converting / rendering footage? Watch11

Back to top Go down

Most efficient way of converting / rendering footage?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Æon Studios :: Off-Topic :: ›› Video Editing-
Jump to: