Æon Studios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood AMV - Avenger Of Fire

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
GiaQuando

GiaQuando

Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood AMV - Avenger Of Fire Empty
PostSubject: Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood AMV - Avenger Of Fire   Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood AMV - Avenger Of Fire Watch11Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:26 pm

So this is my newest AMV
About a day old :D
So please tell me what do you think and what I should improve :D
Thanks
Back to top Go down
sirenaim

sirenaim

PostSubject: Re: Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood AMV - Avenger Of Fire   Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood AMV - Avenger Of Fire Watch11Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:45 am

It's pretty nice, I liked the overall mood of it, the voice overlays were pretty clean too (which is rare, truth be told).

Well, first of all I'd say: fix the frameblending. It's a little irritating for the eyes and gets tiring after a while. As for the general edit, it's not bad, really, but I'd suggest you do more than just fades and panzooms with shakes. The song doesn't really offer that many possibilities with your initial idea and you didn't explore all of them (try color/light transitions, mask transition, etc). It gets a little monotonous when it's repeated throughout the whole video (you can easily guess what's going to be used next in this case).

As for the typography/text, try using another font. The color + outline you chose is pretty smart because black and white can be seen on every color, but the font doesn't look so great with the AMV. Avoid using fonts that look too personalized (if I may say), something casual or formal (like Arial maybe) works perfectly as subtitles.

Try not to use scenes that follow each other too, in a way it's like watching the entire episode summed up in a few minutes, it's best if you vary the scene selection.

However, I did like the coloring a lot, as well as the overall mood (the song helps, I guess!). Let's see what you can do next time! ;)
Back to top Go down
GiaQuando

GiaQuando

PostSubject: Re: Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood AMV - Avenger Of Fire   Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood AMV - Avenger Of Fire Watch11Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:13 am

sirenaim wrote:
It's pretty nice, I liked the overall mood of it, the voice overlays were pretty clean too (which is rare, truth be told).

Well, first of all I'd say: fix the frameblending. It's a little irritating for the eyes and gets tiring after a while. As for the general edit, it's not bad, really, but I'd suggest you do more than just fades and panzooms with shakes. The song doesn't really offer that many possibilities with your initial idea and you didn't explore all of them (try color/light transitions, mask transition, etc). It gets a little monotonous when it's repeated throughout the whole video (you can easily guess what's going to be used next in this case).

As for the typography/text, try using another font. The color + outline you chose is pretty smart because black and white can be seen on every color, but the font doesn't look so great with the AMV. Avoid using fonts that look too personalized (if I may say), something casual or formal (like Arial maybe) works perfectly as subtitles.

Try not to use scenes that follow each other too, in a way it's like watching the entire episode summed up in a few minutes, it's best if you vary the scene selection.

However, I did like the coloring a lot, as well as the overall mood (the song helps, I guess!). Let's see what you can do next time! ;)
Thanks a lot I will have that in mind next time I will start a new project Baws
Back to top Go down
Replay Studios
Æ Member
Æ Member

PostSubject: Re: Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood AMV - Avenger Of Fire   Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood AMV - Avenger Of Fire Watch11Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:16 am

the only complaint i have is the coloring. your color correction seems way to bleached. other than that, good job ^^
Back to top Go down
GiaQuando

GiaQuando

PostSubject: Re: Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood AMV - Avenger Of Fire   Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood AMV - Avenger Of Fire Watch11Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:28 am

Replay Studios wrote:
the only complaint i have is the coloring. your color correction seems way to bleached. other than that, good job ^^

If you mean the beggining I made it it like that cause I wanted it to be a bit more dramtic and seem like a bit old too cause the scenes where from his past
And thanks  Baws 
Back to top Go down
xShiroy
Admin
Admin
xShiroy

PostSubject: Re: Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood AMV - Avenger Of Fire   Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood AMV - Avenger Of Fire Watch11Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:34 pm

Imo I would fix the Shakes and the same as the others said xD
But the mood was very good indeed You kept me captive in the whole thing, fmab is great ^^

keep it up! x)
Back to top Go down
http://xshiroy.deviantart.com/
GiaQuando

GiaQuando

PostSubject: Re: Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood AMV - Avenger Of Fire   Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood AMV - Avenger Of Fire Watch11Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:45 pm

xShiroy wrote:
Imo I would fix the Shakes and the same as the others said xD
But the mood was very good indeed You kept me captive in the whole thing, fmab is great ^^

keep it up! x)

Thanks a lot and yeah shakes aren't my strong point...for now  Baws 
Back to top Go down
gabberMD
Admin
Admin
gabberMD

PostSubject: Re: Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood AMV - Avenger Of Fire   Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood AMV - Avenger Of Fire Watch11Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:08 pm

well everything has been said ;P
keep it up!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/gabber1991md
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood AMV - Avenger Of Fire   Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood AMV - Avenger Of Fire Watch11

Back to top Go down

Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood AMV - Avenger Of Fire
Page 1 of 1